Queer Performance Art Festival
12.04. – 13.04.2024, Kampnagel
For our next edition, “Publicly Irresistible” (April 12th to 13th, 2024), we would like to invite local Hamburg based artists to participate by responding to the theme. “Publicly Irresistible” addresses the tension between the fascination and contradictory exoticization that queer communities experience in public. We encourage artists to share their perspectives on the concept in relation to identity, (self-)love, autonomy, self-expression, community and activism. Our aim is to create a shared space and a collective vibe through performances and installations.
We are looking for solo or duo performances of 30 minutes (max). These can include dance, performance, performative installation, spoken word or workshops.
To apply, please send the following:
* Concept (1 A4 page) in writing or video/audio (3 minutes max)
* Support with the development, production and dramaturgy of the piece
* Shared rehearsal space at Kampnagel (25.03 - 05.04)
* Budget of 1.000 € for fees and production costs (freelance, negotiation basis).
* Performance at Kampnagel on 12. or 13.4.2024
* PR work
* Professional photo and video documentation of the work
Send your application by 22.1.24 to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
When: from now on
Technical setup: 02 - 10.04.2024
Show days : 12. + 13.04.2024
Where: Kampnagel, Hamburg
Fee: 2500,- € gross (on a self-employed basis)
Budget: 1500,- € gross
For our upcoming edition of the Queer B-Cademy: Publicly Irresistable we are looking for a stage designer to create a spatial installation in which several small miniature performances will be embedded:
Publicly Irresistible focuses on the phenomenon of the attraction that queer people experience in public. Photographer Donna Gottschalk's slogan from a gay liberation demonstration in New York in 1970 serves as our initial inspiration: "I am your worst fear, I am your best fantasy." We want to focus not only on the gaze on queer individuals, but primarily on the self-image that this produces. What does public visibility mirror back to us? How do we move through the public sphere? How do we communicate? And can the phenomenon be used as a resource?
Unfortunately, our budget is rather low due to a lack of funding, which is why we are specifically looking for someone who enjoys working with upcycling.
- Development of a concept for the installation and the club stage space
- Close collaboration with the curatorial team to embed the performance miniatures of the invited artists in the installation
- Creation of a TechRider for the installation and close communication with the production management team and the technical department of Kampnagel about the realisation
- Setting up the installation in collaboration with the technical team at Kampnagel
- Assistance with dismantling if necessary
- Managing the set design budget in close consultation with the production management team if necessary
- have ideally already some practical experience in stage design
- can cope with a small budget and are familiar with upcycling
- have Organisational skills and the ability to work independently
- have team spirit
- are flexible and able to work under pressure even in stressful situations
- speak German and English
Emotional Space Age ist eine Produktion der Queer B-Cademy mit Kampnagel. Gefördert vom Fonds Darstellende Künste aus Mitteln der Beauftragten der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien im Rahmen von NEUSTART KULTUR und der Rudolf Augstein Stiftung. Außerdem gefördert im Rahmen von ACT (Art, Climate, Transition) im Programm Creative Europe der Europäischen Union und im Rahmen des Bündnisses internationaler Produktionshäuser von der Beauftragten der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".